PON+EOC series is composed of local side CLT and user-end CNU. CLT multiplex CATV signal and network data signal before transmitting it to the user end via existing coaxial cable. Then the CNU module in the user end demultiplexes the mixed signal into CATV signal and data signal, eventually returning the on-demand signal and providing broadband access. PON+EOC solution mainly encompasses two networking strategies that differ in where the CLT and ONU modules are put. In implementing the first strategy, we put CLT in our head-end machine room. The CLT module then completes the whole bidirectional HFC project process for a certain residential quarter. The second strategy contains project plans that place CLT on building corridor, which then finalise the bidirectional HFC networking for residents of multiple buildings. It is highly recommended that we implement the former one during the initial stage of project, when access rate of the bidirectional HFC network remains low. There is no need to fundamentally reconstruct original copper cable and optical fibre whereby we achieve relatively high investment return while keep investment minimised; We shall switch to the latter strategy as project proceeds into its maturity stage. There will be huge demand for bidirectional HFC networking.
EOC Series (PON+EOC)
· Serialised Product Based on Homeplug AV (P1901)
· Independent OLT (Indoor and Field Type;4 input/output ports; 4 independent data modules)
· EOC+ONU Two-in-One (4 independent data; 4 RF output ports)
· EOC+ Optical Receiver Two-in-One (4 independent data; 4 RF output ports)
· EOC+ Optical Receiver+ ONU Three-in-One(4 independent data; 4 RF output ports)
· EOC Terminal (1/2/4 internet access), EOC Terminal with Wifi and EOC Terminal that can be built in Set Top Box
· EOC Remote-scope. It can work in conjunction with EPON Remote-scope to maintain integrated network management.
· Can be compatible with mainstream EOC products, thus presenting good interoperability
Feature & Advantage
· Supports video, audio and broadband Internet
· Meet International Standard of IEEE P1901/HomePlug AV
· Has strong anti-interference capacity, which allows it to transit for remote distance
· The maximum bandwidth of the MAC sublayer reaches as high as 350Mbps
· Has information processing platform that fosters unified administration of OLT,ONU, and EOC head-end, EOC Terminal(with WIFI) and User Terminal
· Reliable performance that cannot be undermined even the network runs at full capacity.
· Provide stable and fast Internet access to no less than 200 terminals
· Proven technique with relatively low cost as the integrated solution can take full advantage of original HFC networking facility.
· PON OLT shall be deployed inside the head-end room. It is strongly advised that we mount 4~8 (16~32) CBAT to each PON. Besides, each PON shall service no more than 1024 users. The splitting ration must be set in accordance with the original HFC networking conditions such that present infrastructure will be preserved to the greatest extent.
· OLT connects to the cable television network unit via in-built CATV input module; OLT is put in building corridor while ONU module should be deployed in residential homes. In addition, it is highly advised that we lay cable from OLT to light workstation.
Below are suggestions regarding the networking of OLT
· During the initial stage we adopt FTTN networking model: we put OLT in floor stander of light workstation in each residential quarter. This makes CMC connect up to 64 users, providing 2~5Mbps of Internet access to our customers
· During the maturity state we adopt FTTB networking model: we put OLT in corridor, basement or weak electrical wells. This allows OLT to connect to 10~40 users, providing bandwidth as high as 50Mbps for each user.
ONU should be put in residential homes. ONU can provide services such as high-definition interactive TV and high-speed internet. Besides, VOIP can be facilitated by IP telephony terminal, which is connected to ONU terminal via network cable.
EOC system administrator can log in to OLT using a variety of network management such as WEB/SNMP/TELNET/LOCAL CONSLE SERIES PORT, which allows central management of CM terminal. This includes the management of VLAN, Qos, sub-port, login permission set-up and software upgrade.